Effective Date: June 22, 2018
Information We Collect from You
We collect your personal data directly from you in a number of ways and for various purposes, including:
Making a Purchase: We collect personal data from you in order to process your purchase, confirm your order, and ship merchandise to you. This personal data may include your name, billing and shipping address, telephone number, email address, and payment card information. DD does not store your payment card information
Marketing: You may sign up on the Website or in stores to receive promotional emails, texts, and other communications from DD. When you sign up, we may collect personal data such as your name, mailing address, telephone number, email address, and preferences. If you elect to be added to the DD marketing list, we may use your contact information to communicate with you about products, services, promotions, offers, news, and events from DD. Removal from Marketing: To be removed from our marketing list, please contact us via email: email@example.com. Please allow us at least ten (10) business days from when the request was received to complete the removal, as some of our promotions may already be in process before you submit your request.
Customer Care: If you use our “Contact Us” feature or call, email or chat with a customer service representative, we may collect personal data such as your name, mailing address, telephone number, email address, and – if you choose to make a purchase – your payment card information and billing address. We use this information to assist you and to process and/or review your transaction. DD does not store your payment card information.
Information We Collect Automatically
Automatic collection. We automatically receive certain types of information whenever you interact with Us through Our Website. For example when you visit the Website, our systems, or those of our service providers, may automatically recognize your IP address, domain name and general location, a unique identifier for your Internet-enabled device, date and time of visits, the type of browser you use, the website from which your visit originated, the website you visit after leaving our website, page visits, time spent on web pages, the advertisements clicked on or scrolled over and other data. Below we describe certain information collected, and the actions and technologies that facilitate the collection of such information, in greater detail.
- IP address. Your “IP Address” is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer by your Internet service provider whenever you are on the Internet. When you view pages of our website, our servers may record or “log” your IP Address and sometimes your domain name and general location.
- Device IDs. You may be visiting our website from your mobile device like a mobile phone or tablet. Certain mobile service providers uniquely identify mobile devices, and we or our third-party service providers may receive such information if you access our website through mobile devices. Some features of the website may allow for the collection of mobile phone numbers, and we may associate that phone number to mobile device identification information.
- E-mail. If you receive e-mail from us, we may use certain tools to capture data, including when you open our message, click on any links or banners it contains and/or make purchases. Certain e-mail messages may also contain tracking pixels or similar technologies, which collect and provide us with information while you are on our website.
- Clear GIFs/tracking pixels. A clear GIF or tracking pixel is typically a one-pixel, transparent image (although it may be visible) located on a web page or in an e-mail or other type of message, which is retrieved from a remote site on the Internet enabling the verification of a person’s viewing or receipt of a web page or message.
- City Level Geolocation Data. We also use your IP address to determine what city you our visiting our Website from. We do not determine your street address or precise longitudinal or latitudinal coordinates.
To accomplish all this, and also to allow us to offer our customers streamlined ordering and other useful features, we use and allow our third-party advertising companies, software vendors, fulfillment companies, and vendors to use the cookies and other similar technologies.
WE ACCEPT NO RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY FOR ANY TRACKING, DATA COLLECTION OR OTHER ACTIVITIES OF THIRD PARTIES, WHICH IS SUBJECT TO THOSE APPLICABLE THIRD PARTIES’ PRIVACY POLICIES.
Information from other sources. We may obtain information about you from outside sources and combine it with your account information. For example, we may purchase demographic and other marketing information from third parties to help us better serve you or inform you about products or services that we think will be of interest to you. We sometimes receive updated delivery and address information from our shippers or other sources so that we can correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily. Finally, we may also purchase lists containing your personal data (e.g., address, phone number, e-mail address) for advertising and marketing purposes.
How We Use Your Personal Data
We use the information we collect from our customers for various purposes, including:
- to deliver services to our users and process transactions;
- to send communications to you about our company, products, services, promotions, offers, news and events;
- to determine how you found out about us;
- to serve advertising, content, and offers to you based on your interests and online activities, from us or third parties;
- to enable our service providers to provide services on our behalf;
- to contact you or to respond to your communications, including to provide you with products and information you request;
- improve our Website, shopping experience, and quality of service; and
- to diagnose problems with our computer systems and website (including fraud and abuse) and administer our website.
How We Share Your Personal Data with Third Parties
We may disclose your personal data to companies that help us bring you the products and services we offer. For example, we may disclose your personal data to service providers and vendors that assist us as follows :
- To manage a database of customer information;
- To distribute emails or other marketing and advertisements, including on our Website and the websites of third parties;
- To provide data storage and/or analytics;
- To prevent fraud;
- To provide customer service; and
- To provide other services designed to assist us in providing products and services to you.
We may share data in aggregate form and/or in a form which does not enable the recipient of such data to identify you (for example, for industry analysis).
Your Rights and Choices relating to Behavioral or Interest-Based Advertising
Sharing your information with advertisers. We may participate in behavioral-based advertising. This means that we or a third party may use Tracking Technologies to collect information about your use of our website or other internet usage so that they can provide advertising about products and services tailored to your interest. That advertising may appear either on our website, or on other websites. We also may share traffic and transaction information with business partners and advertisers on an aggregate and anonymous basis.
We currently use Google and Adobe for analytics, marketing, and advertising network services. These services provide us with aggregated information about our visitors. If you would like to opt-out of behavioral-based advertising, or analytics through these services you may opt-out by following the instructions at the following sites:
Do not track signals. Some web browsers and devices allow you to broadcast a preference that your activities online not be “tracked”. At this time, our Website and some third parties who place cookies on our Website do not take action in response to “do not track” signals, as the online community has not reached a consensus as to do not track standards, implementations, and solutions.
Sharing your information with publishers. In some instances, we may share your personal data with the publisher, copyright holder, or author of the products you purchase from us. These parties may use your information to send you updates, corrections or other information related to those materials.
WE HAVE NO CONTROL OR INFLUENCE OVER THE PRIVACY PRACTICES OF SUCH OTHER WEBSITES AND ADVERTISERS AND WE DO NOT ASSUME ANY RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY FOR ANY THIRD-PARTY WEBSITE OPERATORS’ OR ADVERTISERS’ DATA COLLECTION PRACTICES, THEIR FAILURE TO ABIDE BY THEIR PRIVACY POLICIES OR THE CONTENT OF ANY THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES.
Sharing your information with law enforcement. We fully cooperate with reasonable requests for information from law enforcement agencies. As a result, we reserve the right to report to law enforcement agencies any activities that we reasonably believe to be unlawful, or that we reasonably believe may aid a law enforcement investigation into unlawful activity. In addition, we reserve the right to release your personal data to law enforcement agencies if we determine, in our sole judgment, that either you have violated our policies, or the release of your information may protect the rights, property or safety of DD, you or one of our other customers.
Contests, sweepstakes and promotions. Occasionally, we may run a promotion such as a sweepstakes or a contest (a “Promotion”), and you will be given the opportunity to enter by filling out an entry form, or in some cases, you may be automatically entered by using a designated type of credit card when placing an order in store, online or via phone. Your entry information may be shared with third parties for the limited purposes of administering the sweepstakes and selecting a winner(s) and may be used to notify you in connection with the sweepstakes or contest and to verify your identity. Some Promotions may have one or more co-sponsors, and you may also be asked upon entry to consent to receive future communications from such co-sponsors. In the event your consent is indicated, the information from your entry will be shared with the co-sponsors. IN THOSE SITUATIONS, THE THIRD PARTIES WILL HAVE THE RIGHT TO USE YOUR INFORMATION FOR THEIR OWN PURPOSES, IN ACCORDANCE WITH THEIR OWN POLICIES, AND WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR HOW CO-SPONSORS MAY USE YOUR INFORMATION. In all events, we will make it clear to you in the entry, order or registration form, before you submit it, whether you are consenting to receive information from any third party, and you will be given the opportunity to opt not to receive such information at the time you submit your entry, order or registration.
Maintenance and Processing of Information
Your personal data may be stored, transferred and process in and to Hungary and in other countries by our affiliates and/or service providers. The data protection laws in these countries may provide a lower standard of protection for your personal data than your country of residence. We take great care in protecting your personal data and have put in place adequate mechanisms to protect it when it is transferred internationally. We will transfer your personal data in compliance with applicable data protection laws and will implement suitable safeguards to ensure that your personal data is adequately secured by any third party that will access your information (for instance, by using the Model Clauses as approved by the European Commission.
If you have questions or wish to obtain more information about the international transfer of your personal data or the implemented safeguards, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Security of Your Information
We take reasonable and appropriate measures to help keep information secure and to help prevent it from becoming disclosed. Even though we follow reasonable procedures to try to protect the information in our possession, no security system is perfect so we cannot promise, and you should not expect, that your information will be secure in all circumstances.
For security purposes, we do not accept credit card information via email, web form, or social media.
Editing Your Personal Data
Once you have provided personal data to us, we may store and maintain that information. You may contact us using the contact information below and we will edit or delete your information except as prohibited by law.
Collection of Information from Children
We do not provide products and services to children. We do not knowingly collect or solicit information from children under the age of 16.
We reserve the right to modify or amend this policy at any time by posting the revised policy on our website, so we encourage you to review the policy periodically. Any material changes in how we collect, use or share your personal data will only affect the information we collect after the effective date of the change to our policy, unless we obtain your consent otherwise.
Region/Country Specific Disclosures
If you are located in the European Economic Area (EEA):
- Controller of your Personal Data
- Legal Bases for Using Personal Data
We process your personal data only if we have a legal basis to do so, including:
- to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- for the performance of our contract with you or to take steps at your request before entering into a contract;
- for our legitimate interests or those of a third party;
- where you have given consent to our specific use.
The purpose for which we use and process your information and the legal basis on which we carry out each type of processing is further explained below.
|Purposes for which we will process the information||Legal Basis for the processing|
|To deliver services to users and process transactions.||It is necessary for us to process your personal data in order to deliver the services and process transactions according to the applicable contract between us.|
|To send communications to you about our products, services, promotions, offers, news, and events.||We will send electronic communications to you if you have consented to these communications. With respect to other communications, it is in our legitimate interest to communicate to you about our products, services, promotions, offers, news, and events. We consider this use to be proportionate and will not be prejudicial or detrimental to you.|
|To determine how you found out about us.||It is in our legitimate interest to understand how our customers find our Website and/or our services. We consider this use to be proportionate and will not be prejudicial or detrimental to you.|
|To serve advertising, content and offers to you based on your interests and online activities, from us or third parties.||We will serve you advertising, content and offers to you based on your interests and online activities if you have consented to this processing.|
|To enable our service providers to perform certain activities on our behalf;||It is necessary for us to process your personal data in this manner in order to deliver the services and process transactions according to the applicable contract between us. It is also in our legitimate interest to enable our service providers to perform certain activities on our behalf. We consider this use to be proportionate and will not be prejudicial or detrimental to you.|
|To notify you of any changes to the Website that may affect you.||It is necessary for us to process your personal data in order to deliver the services and process transactions according to the applicable contract between us.|
|To contact you or to respond to your communications, including to provide you with products and information you request.||It is necessary for us to process your personal data in order to communicate with you.|
|To improve our Website, shopping experience, and quality of service.||It is in our legitimate interest to improve our Website, shopping experience, and quality of service. We consider this use to be proportionate and will not be prejudicial or detrimental to you.|
|o To administer our Website including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes; ando To improve our Website to ensure that consent is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer, Device or other item of hardware through which you access the Website.||For all these categories, it is in our legitimate interest to continually monitor and improve our services and your experience of the Website and to ensure network security. We consider this use to be proportionate and will not be prejudicial or detrimental to you.|
|o To keep our Website safe and secure and to prevent detect fraud and abuse; ando To comply with our legal obligations, policies, and procedures||We conduct this processing to comply with our legal obligations and to protect the public interest.|
|To process otherwise for internal administrative and analytics purposes.||It is in our legitimate interest to process your personal data for internal administrative or analytics purposes. We consider this use to be proportionate and will not be prejudicial or detrimental to you.|
- International Transfers
Some of our processing of your data will involve transferring your data outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). Some of our external third party service providers are also based outside of the EEA, and their processing of your personal data will involve a transfer of data outside the EEA. This includes the United States. Where personal data is transferred to and stored in a country not determined by the European Commission as providing adequate levels of protection for personal data, we take steps to provide appropriate safeguards to protect your personal data, including entering into standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission, obliging recipients to protect your personal data.
- Retention of Personal Data
- Data Subject Access Rights
You have the following rights:
- Right of access to your personal data: You have the right to ask us for confirmation on whether we are processing your personal data, and access to the personal data and related information.
- Right to correction: You have the right to have your personal data corrected, as permitted by law.
- Right to erasure: You have the right to ask us to delete your personal data, as permitted by law.
- Right to withdraw consent: You have the right to withdraw consent that you have provided.
- Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority: You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority in the member state of your habitual residence.
- Right to restriction of processing: You have the right to request the limiting of our processing under limited circumstances.
- Right to data portability: You have the right to receive the personal data that you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and you have the right to transmit that information to another controller, including to have it transmitted directly, where technically feasible.
- Right to object: You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, as permitted by law, under limited circumstances.
In order to exercise any of these rights, please contact us according to the “Contact Us” section on our website. Please note that the above rights are not absolute and we may be entitled to refuse requests, wholly or partly, where exceptions under the applicable law apply.
|Provider||Name of cookie/identifier||Purpose||Type||Duration|
|Google Analytics||_ga||Distinguish users.||Persistent||2 years|
|Google Analytics||_gads||Throttle request rate and distinguish users of the site.||Persistent||24 hours|
|Adobe Analytics||s_fid||Distinguish users.||Persistent||5 years|
|Adobe Analytics||s_sq||Store information about the previous link clicked within the site.||Persistent||2 years|
|Adobe Analytics||s_vi||Distinguish users.||Persistent||2 years|
|Google Ads||NID||To remember your preferences and other information.||Session|
|Google Ads||IDE||Store information about your preferences and visits to our site, and to allow us to customise our site and to provide you with offers that are targeted at your individual interests.||Session|
|Google Ads||DSID||Store information about your preferences and visits to our site, and to allow us to customise our site and to provide you with offers that are targeted at your individual interests.||Session|